DNS News and Top Headlines
Winners of the 2018 Decom North Sea Awards were announced last night (22 May) in a celebration of sector collaboration, innovation and dedication.
Decom North Sea revealed the 3 winners to an audience of more than 180 people, with categories covering innovation, collaboration and individual achievement across the decommissioning sector.
Sponsored by The Oil and Gas Technology Centre (OGTC), the Outstanding Innovation category was won by BiSN for its Wel-Lok M2M well sealant technology.
The Excellence in Collaboration award, sponsored by Port of Cromarty Firth, was presented to Shell U.K. Ltd. – Boskalis – Veolia-Peterson, for demonstrating how collaborative working and sharing best practice can maximise recycling of assets and drive sustainability in the industry.
Mark Bayman, who has recently retired from the position of Decommissioning Manager (Technical) at OPRED, was presented with the Contribution to the Decommissioning Sector accolade.
Decom North Sea's interim Chief Executive Tom Leeson said: "As Mark steps down from his role at OPRED (previously BEIS), it is wholly appropriate to recognise his significant contribution to both the decommissioning sector, the wider industry and Decom North Sea.
"Constantly acting as a pragmatic and approachable conduit between industry and the regulator, he has been inspirational in his role as technical adviser within OPRED, bringing many practical approaches to the attention of his colleagues with the aim of cost-effective, achievable decommissioning."
Summing up the event, Nigel Lees, Decom North Sea Chairman commented: “Last night’s award ceremony showcased the impressive work undertaken by some extremely talented and dedicated people and highlighted the importance of celebrating achievement in the decommissioning sector.
“Our judging panel had a considerable challenge when it came to selecting our winners, and I would like to extend my congratulations to all shortlisted companies.”
The evening also saw the announcement of Decom North Sea's new Decommissioning Leadership Group, whose members will drive strategic direction and the delivery of the organisation's objectives, relating across the scope of decommissioning activity.
- John Cox, Intecsea
- Steph Kiltie, PDi Limited
- Mark Lauder, JEE
- Dawn Robertson, Bureau Veritas
- John Spiteri, Atkins
- Eddie Grant, Mactech (Europe) Limited
- Lawrie Kerr, Dräger Marine and Offshore
- Jinda Nelson, Bilfinger Salamis UK Limited
- Peter Sheves, Cape plc
- Steven Simpson, Brimmond Group
- Stuart Heggie, Babcock International Group
- David Hutchinson, Petrofac Engineering & Production Services
- Sam Long, Aker Solutions Limited
- Stuart Martin, Ardent
- Willem van Es, Wood.
Onshore Dismantling & Waste Management
- Julian Foley, Asco
- Andrea Guismitta, Peterson
- Lee Hanlon, CessCon
- Craig Nicol, Veolia
- Captain Calum Slater, Cromarty Firth Port Authority
- Stephen Brown, CNR International (UK) Ltd
- Alistair Gilmour, Chevron North Sea Limited
- Innes Jordan, Nexen Petroleum UK Limited
- Girish Kabra, Spirit Energy
- Claire Mueller, Shell
- Jim Christie, Decide Wisely Ltd
- Alan Dick, Simmons & Co Intl
- Callum Falconer, CRF Consultants
- William Hazell, ERM
- Sam Mathew, Accenture
Subsea & Marine
- Matt Blair, Systems Engineering and Assessment Ltd
- Dave Hamill, N- Sea
- Tim Martin, Costain
- Vikki Thom, Bibby Offshore
- Boudewijn Versluijs, Boskalis
- Catherine Campbell, Ardyne
- William Inglis, Expro
- Donald Mackay, Schlumberger
- Steve Nairn, Helix Well Ops UK Limited
- Stuart Wordsworth, CMC Limited