Ocean Power Technologies is a pioneer and world leader in wave energy technology. Our PowerBuoyTMconverts wave energy into electric power.
- Founded in 1994
- Public company (Nasdaq: OPTT)
- HQ in Monroe Township, NJ USA
- Patented, proprietary technology (multi patents awarded and pending)
Outstanding Capabilities to Support Your Global Operations!
OPT’s renewable ocean-wave based electric power generation technology will offer the Oil & Gas (O&G) market potential new solutions that could drive down project Operational Costs (OPEX) & Capital Costs (CAPEX) helping to make current fields that offer low commercial returns more attractive for development.
Oil & Gas Applications for PowerBuoyTM
Drilling / Post-drilling
- Monitors wells prior to completion
- Reduces size of production umbilical / Provides power and or commsto satellite wells
- ROV/AUV charging
- Monitor wells / Reduces need for support vessel after platform / FPSO is removed
AUV’s / Resident ROV’s
- Increases range / mission duration of AUV by providing power recharging station & communications platform
- Provides independent power source & communications platform for resident ROV’s
- Provides real-time communications platform / method to download data
- Reduces need for support vessel