Join us for our free Decom Digital Webinar with presenters Michael Davar and Ben Holland, Squire Patton Boggs, at 2pm on Tuesday 26th May 2020
Decom Digital is the newest series of webinars and podcasts, providing you with key decommissioning industry updates, trends and opportunities along with tips on how to adapt your business to the “new” ways of working.
This free webinar is part of our Masterclass series of webinars, giving you the business tools to adapt to the current climate.
- De-Risking Decommissioning Security with Ben Holland
- The impact of the sustained drop in oil prices, and the potentially diverging interests of smaller v larger operators;
- The obligations to provide security for future decommissioning costs, and how that is calculated under DSAs;
- Issues arising from the calculation of net cost and net value for the purposes of providing decommissioning security in a falling oil price world; and
- Mechanisms to resolve DSA disagreements, particularly through expert determination.
- De-Risking Decommissioning Projects – Part 1 with Michael Davar
- Scope and liability involved with aged field and offshore decommissioning projects;
- Three key areas of focus: (i) Force Majeure in aged fields and Decommissioning Projects, (ii) Decommissioning Project Variation and (iii) Decommissioning Project Delay, with this talk focusing on Force Majeure.
- The concept of Force Majeure and Frustration of Contract;
- The way in which liability has sought to be apportioned between contractors and operators, as well as contractors and subcontractors when looking at industry standard contracts;
- Issues arising; and
- Practical guidance to de-risk decommissioning projects.
There will be an opportunity for Q&A session during this Webinar.
Don’t miss this opportunity to listen, learn and stay connected!
This webinar is available exclusively to employees working within Decom North Sea member companies. For information on how to become a member, please visit https://decomnorthsea.com/join-us
Register Here: https://my.demio.com/ref/SPOIC...
Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org