Many thanks to members who were able to join us at the first 'Coffee & Commerce' session hosted by DNS for the Internationalisation SIG first 'Coffee & Commerce' call on 1 December.
Internationalisation SIG - Strategic Themes
- Raise the profile of DNS internationally
- Provide information to enable business strategy, business case and investment
- Enable informed quality decision making
- Streamline front-end international business development
- Provide coaching, advice and guidance to members wishing to enter or to expand in the international decommissioning market.
Anthony Fievez, Business Development Manager, Heerema Marine Contractors and Jack Davidson, Managing Director – Fishers Offshore, shared their experiences and the realities of internationalisation.
The meeting culminated with an open forum discussion, facilitated by Andy Clucas, Evolved Solutions, with participation from attendees highlighting their specific requirements to support their business internationalise.
Key points highlighted
- The importance of having equipment in-country and local content
- Role of local people, the value they bring to the business and insight into the region's business culture
- Having connections in the region
- Investing in your regional offices, team and equipment is key
- Importance of establishing the right local partner's strategy
Business support initiatives discussed included:
- Share 'Best Practice' and 'Lessons Learned' from other DNS members
- Partnering opportunities through membership
- Local Legislation
- Introduction service for members entering new regions
- Intel on opportunities coming up in the region
The Internationalisation SIG would welcome feedback from other DNS members about areas of support; please contact the team with your feedback and any questions at email@example.com
Hayley Yule – Chair
SIG International Team