DNS News and Industry News
The short-list for the 2015 Offshore Achievement Awards – which have a 28 year history – have been announced. The winners will be announced on 12 March in Aberdeen.
The annual awards are organised and hosted by the Society of Petroleum Engineers' (SPE) Aberdeen branch (the biggest in the UK outside London) and recognise 'exceptional performance' across a range of categories. The 12 awards celebrate individual achievements, company performance and significant innovations in safety and technology.
Ian Phillips, SPE Aberdeen director and chief executive of the Oil and Gas Innovation Centre, said: "These awards are a great platform for companies and individuals to gain recognition and this year, we have had more entries than ever. There was a particular increase in nominations in the Emerging Technology and Small Company categories which is extremely encouraging. It is vital to the longevity of the energy industry that new technologies are continually being developed and new, smaller players often play a key role in this innovation."
"We are also pleased to announce the shortlist for this year's new category, Outstanding Graduate Programme, and are confident that the initiatives devised by each company will inspire others to 'grow their own' skilled personnel."
The 2015 Offshore Achievement Awards finalists are:
- Innovator: Expro North Sea; Proserv; Return to Scene; WEB Rigging Services;
- Emerging Technology: Churchill Drilling Tools; Delphian Ballistics; Paradigm Flow Services;
- Safety Innovations: Nautronix; Senscient; The Survitec Group;
- Environmentalist: CETCO Energy Services; Paradigm Flow Services; Sureclean;
- Export Achievement: Alba Power; Tekmar Energy; Wireline Engineering;
- Working Together: Decom North Sea; Maersk Oil; Senscient;
- Outstanding Graduate Programme: ACE Winches; Maersk Oil; Petrofac Offshore Projects and Operations;
- Young Professional: Brendan Forbes, Sparrows Group; Rory Gregor, Petrofac; Murray Kerr, SengS Subsea Engineering Solutions;
- Inspiring Leader: Murray Kerr, SengS Subsea Engineering Solutions; Mal Lowe, Petrofac, Dr Liane Smith, Wood Group Intetech;
- Great Small Company: ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy; Merlin ERD; SengS Subsea Engineering Solutions;
- Great Large Company: Aker Solutions; Proserv; Stork;